Friday, May 3, 2013

Spring Time!!



My stairs wall was completely empty and it wasn't giving me any good dream knowing that I have to do something to put on that wall. Initially I just wanted to color it ( no white walls please !!!) but it wasn't working out well with an infant at home.
So I came up with these. A simple square design which add up little color, little craftiness and beautiful wall.



It's pretty simple but classy look. Here is what I started with :
4-12*12 Canvas- bought from Michael's on Sale 
Card-stock Paper - 2 of each color , I used little Red but little Orange hint and Brown.
Color markers
Glue 
Flower punch
Start with canvas and Card stock paper. For me , since the canvas was 12*12 the card stock paper fits on it  exactly. Glue the card stock paper on canvas and keep it aside. Now, I thought on brown or orange, yellow flowers will be good contrast. So,I used flower punch and punched out few flowers out of construction paper.

I have two different flower punches so I used two different flower designs on both of the canvases. Now glue the paper flowers on the canvas of each color. 2 slides are ready. 

Then get another card stock paper and write the message. I wanted to do this for spring so I wrote "Happy" and "Spring". Glue it on remaining canvases.
I had few crystal flower left from  last project , which are of perfect color combination so glued it at the corner of each canvas with letters.
Then simply add wall hanging tape at the back of the canvas and push it on the wall . 
I did this project 2 months ago and still the canvases are holding up.  


                                   

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7412709/?claim=44kb4hcvm2z">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment