Monday, April 1, 2013

Expectations

I was wondering for long time , how does the relationship work? Frankly speaking I don't have any idea. When you start a new relation , weather you are entering in someone's life or someone is entering in your life doesn't matter. You start walking through stages, start building up moments , try to become comfortable with each other, you may go beyond your limits, sometimes, to let things work. You even try to change a bit knowing that "Change is good", taking interest in his/her passion, checking every now and then with him/her... trying hard to let fall things in proper order, trying hard to make the relation work...
But is it good enough? I thought it was. You do what you feel is best for the person, giving personal space yet be with them, a little call every now and then, text meanwhile, start expecting a little bit and as soon as the "E" word enters , the relations starts to spoil. You expect small little things which the person may feel "huge" .
a simple call -
"Hey, how are you?"
"Good"
"how's it going?"
"Okay"
"hmm
, so what's new?"
"Nothing much"
and the conversation ends......
No words to go further... I wonder this conversation can be other way too knowing any small detail which may happen in that particular day. As I always say, 'somebody just dropped the laundry bag on the way, poor guy' can be a news, 'I met someone new today' or 'I enjoyed my lunch today' can be news too. For me what did you say doesn't matter, a start of the conversation is always nice, anything practically anything can start the conversation but you need those things, at least for baby steps.

I never thought that expectations are so annoying for somebody. Me and DH always argue over this, that should we or shouldn't we keep expecting from the family. I think, I always expect and want things my way from my family(including my siblings and parents). They know me, I know them and that's it. Otherwise, from whom I am going to expect except my family? It is okay rather mandatory to expect from your family and they should fulfill it. That was my thinking completely....
But now things are changing. I started to think that may be this is not right, may be it is time to change myself and start expecting nothing... see how to much I am thinking about expectation... even with nothing I said "I am expecting nothing" :)
I grew up observing my daddy whose thinking was , it doesn't matter who is behaving how with you in the family , at the end they are family. It's not your position to decide the end, as far as you are concerned just remember you do your best as a family and things will fall on their places by themselves even if it doesn't, you do what you can till the time you can. But I couldn't stay like that for all this years. I was expecting things from everybody..my friends and family. And after all this year , there are few relations in my life got me in this thinking. I think I would love to start following my dad's footsteps now, I may understand few of his decisions which I didn't before.
I may get flying colors, surprises... I am just hoping for it and not expecting though :)
Thanks Dad for giving me a vision...

No comments:

Post a Comment